The Events of Our Lives

The Events of Our Lives

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Great Grandpa's 85th Birthday Party

 
We had a short trip to Inman for my grandpa's 85th birthday. We weren't there very long when Chase grabbed a cup of hot coffee and dumped it on himself. Thank goodness my dad grabbed him and had him in the bathroom before I got to him. When I went in he had his shirt off and was screaming. The skin was already peeling off his chest. As a mom you freak out. Dad had it under control. As long as we were outside he was doing ok because it was cold. Lots of people offered to help out and we got some medicine to calm him down. Unfortunately this meant we needed to head for home. I held him the whole way. He finally fell asleep on the way home. I was shocked at how well he did the next couple of days. He never picked at his bandages or complained. He ran around without a shirt for three days but he was a trooper. They healed up great! We were really lucky!
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment